Everyone is looking forward to celebrating Easter. Ash Wednesday, February 26th, begins the season of Lent, a time of reflection and contemplation leading up to Good Friday and the joyous celebration of Christ’s resurrection on Easter.
Schedule of Events:
- February 22 – Ash Wednesday – We will be doing an evening service at 7 pm.
12 Noon on every Wednesday during Lent – Lenten Lunches will be at Central Congregational Church
- February 26 – First Sunday in Lent: Start of series “Reconnecting to An Unhurried God”
- March 19 – UMCOR Sunday. Janet will participate, combining it with Noisy Change Challenge.
- April 2 – Palm Sunday – We will celebrate with live palm branches.
- Holy Week – April 6 – Maundy Service/Tenebrae at 7pm in the sanctuary.
- April 7 – Good Friday – Good Friday Community Service at noon at Central Congregational Church
- April 9 – Easter – It was decided to do the same as last year. Will have a 7 am sunrise service in the Chapel in the Woods, weather permitting, or move inside if necessary. There will be a second service at 10 am in the Sanctuary. We will have a potluck brunch between the two services. Easter is a joyous holiday and celebration that is at the heart of our faith and we hope to see you on that special Sunday.
- April 23 – Native American Sunday.
- May 14 – Mother’s Day
- May 21 – Ascension of the Lord
- May 28 – Pentecost
- June 4 – Trinity Sunday
- June 11 – Trinity Sunday/Summer Worship begins
- June 18 – Father’s Day